Hospitalist Jobs in Alaska
Wednesday · July 6, 2022
1 Job in The Land of the Midnight Sun
Photo: Skilak Lake in the Kenai Peninsula near Anchorage.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (New Orleans) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Aside from culinary and musical excitement, New Orleans is thriving once again as a sports center and will be hosting the 2013 Super Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in New Orleans, LA.
- The Medical Director, Acute and Transitional Care is a local market medical leadership position reporting directly to the Market Chief Medical Officer and focused on leading the market's care for its members as they transition through environments of care outside of our centers.
- Patient concierge services including transportation to and from appointments, prescription delivery, holistic health services including acupuncture, yoga and tai chi and nutrition seminar.
- The legendary city of New Orleans is renowned for everything from the annual Mardi Gras festivities in the historic French Quarter to the exciting Jazz & Heritage Festival.
- Primary care practice model assuming full risk and accountability for patient outcomes.
- This position may also have additional duties in the market, depending upon their areas of expertise and the needs of the market.
- ChenMed is a senior focused primary care organization, in nine United States markets through its 50+ senior medical centers.
- Transitional care team that includes full scope of in-house consulting specialists.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
- It is an invigorating city of fantastic dining and amazing music whose European, Caribbean and African cultural influences have made it among the most desired visiting destinations in the world.
- For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is too often beyond reach.
- Fluent in English.
- If you're looking for a change for the better, where you can start on a path to make a difference for patients and yourself, then we may be the right place for you.
- Bringing better healthcare to seniors.
- The transitional care team may include physicians, nurse practitioners, case managers, and administrative support staff.
- As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking a Medical Director of Transitional Care who appreciate senior patients, excel in a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for the patients.
- On-site lab and prescription dispensary.
- Enjoy the Bourbon Street nightlife, the classic elegance of the beautiful historic mansions and architecture and outstanding cultural attractions at such institutions as the New Orleans Museum of Art (Noma) in City Park, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art and the Contemporary Arts Center.
- Kenner Center.
- Helps Mcmo with physician meetings, training, and education of PCPs and administrative and support staff.
- The Medical Director, Acute and Transitional Care will spend at least half of their time devoted to leading the transitional care team in the activities described above.
- Serves as the primary care physician for a partial panel of our patients.
- Develops internal training materials and SOPs focused on the clinical development of the ChenMed/JenCare team.
- Census Bureau statistics for 2008 reported a population of 336,644.
- Key daily activities for team members include continuous communication with primary care physicians and inpatient providers, participation in the market's case conferences, review of inpatient cases via inpatient courtesy visits and remote EMR review, care coordination, risk assessments, home health care monitoring and review, complex community case management, and home visits for high risk and homebound patients.
- Delivers introductory training for all new practitioners.
- As leader of a transitional care team, this physician will need to effectively lead and manage the daily activities of the team members.
- JenCare Senior Medical Center a ChenMed Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was founded to bring concierge-style medicine - and better health outcomes - to the neediest populations.
- Serves as the hospitalist or skilled nursing facility physician for some of our patients (providing direct care in those facilities),.
- Participates in team meetings and lead focused clinical discussions in clinic and market wide multidisciplinary meetings.
- This physician will need to possess strong clinical skills in the management of seniors with complex medical needs throughout all environments of care.
- PCPs serve as the quarterbacks or general managers for total patient care.
- Provides specialty care that falls within the physician's area of specialty.
- At the annual Jazz Fest, savor the rhythms of blues, bluegrass, folk and Cajun music at this sensational event that is second only to Mardi Gras as a favorite for New Orleans visitors.
- Conflict management and resolution skills, and ideally, experience of population risk management or complex chronic disease care management.
- This talented physician will lead the transitional care team, a cohesive group of health care professionals dedicated to keeping our patients connected to their primary care physicians during episodes of acute hospitalization, post-acute care, and also during periods of increased need at home.
- Coaches physicians and other clinicians in support of the overall quality and performance in the market.
- Due to our success, we continue to grow and will be hiring highly qualified Medical Director of Transitional Care to join our team in - New Orleans, LA!
- Strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to build relationships with external organizations, and interest in information technology applications in medical settings.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our primary care physicians, their center based care teams, and other staff.
- Excellent medical skills.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manage for results.
- West Bank Center, 501 Lapalco, Metairie II Center.
- About Our Area.
- As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal to no expense to the beneficiary.
- Performs utilization review and management.
- Participates in Targeted Coverage Time- which is time providing care for patients whose primary care physician is on paid time off or otherwise unavailable.
- MidCity Center.
- Practice Profile.
- Essential JOB Duties/.
- Care team including dedicated nurses and cases management social workers that support physicians, so they can remain at the center of patient care.
This perm job opening was posted
12 days ago